Studies have shown that massage can:
- Stretch and broaden muscle fibers. Increase flexibility. Increase muscle function
- Relax muscle tension. Increase postural awareness
- Decrease heart rate and blood pressure. Decrease edema (swelling)
- Help remove toxins. Break up scar tissue. Loosen adhesions (“knots”)
- Help alleviate menstrual problems/menopausal symptoms Increase expansion of lungs for full breathing. Aid in digestion
- Ease pregnancy problems such as nausea, high blood pressure, heartburn, tiredness and back pain.